Brown's Line and Lake Shore Boulevard - intersection improvements
September - November, 2021
Timeline: September - November, 2021
*Content / timeline accurate at time of printing
What we are doing and why
Construction crews on behalf of TTC and the City of Toronto have restarted construction work to enhance the safety of the intersection at Brown’s Line and Lakeshore Boulevard. This “queue-jump” lane for streetcars will give westbound streetcars their own lane for approximately 100 metres approaching the western leg of the Lake Shore Boulevard / Brown’s Line intersection. The road will be widened slightly on the north side of Lake Shore Boulevard so that two lanes of general traffic are maintained. There will be no changes to the tracks themselves, which were just rebuilt in recent years. Construction will also include signalizing the southbound right turn, and electrical upgrades. The result will be a safer intersection, with fewer delays to all users and a more-reliable trip for passengers on the TTC.
Safety enhancements include:
- Streetcar dedicated traffic signal phasing.
- Refreshed pedestrian sidewalk, including a new crosswalk on the east side of the intersection.
- New pedestrian crossing signal at the Long Branch Loop.
- Work at these locations is expected to be completed by November, 2021.
- Work will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday with the potential for overnight and weekend work.
- Some work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to expect
- A minimum of two lanes of traffic in each direction will be maintained
- Normal construction noise
- Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Traffic, pedestrian and transit restrictions
- Pedestrian walkways and property access will be maintained at all times.
- No impacts to TTC bus stops are anticipated.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to improve transit in Toronto.
For further information:
Theresa Buck, Construction Liaison Officer, 647-882-0137; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about construction advisories?
7 a.m.- 10 p.m., except statutory holidays.
TTY Hearing Impaired Service